Monday, May 11, 2009

Sisters

They were sitting together again.My former best-friend and her new best-friend.They weren’t really doing anything; just sitting around smoking a cigarette and laughing like hyenas.I wondered why I wasn’t sharing the jokes anymore.I wondered how they could laugh considering how fucked up their lives were.I walked towards them with a smile plastered on my face.It used to be her and me. We used to be the ones doing the laughing; the ones who were talked about; the ones who shared the secrets. We were the ones that people wanted to join.Now someone had and I was ousted.It was nothing but a classic jealousy. I knew that but I also knew that I wasn’t going to let some curly-haired, un-hot shit take my place.I know that the third leg is superfluous. I have never even been second. Ever.I know how fucked up their lives were. I knew her secrets. I knew they were precious to her. I knew that if they were shared, she would feel robbed of dignity, trust and much else.The new chick on the block and I had something in common besides those secrets. Both of us knew ears that were eager to listen.I smiled my most genuine, sun-shiniest smile and joined them.

No comments:

Post a Comment