“Why do we have to have the same discussion over and over again?” He asked me, exasperated as hell. I understood that he was exasperated; and tired; and bored; and irritated. But my anger demanded my attention more than my desire to please him. Had the circumstances been right (i.e. a hammer in my hand and his head within reachable distance) he wouldn’t have had a head to boast of. He had the devil’s own luck, the bitch. I hung up since he was just fuelling my anger anyway. I wondered what I wanted to do. Should I poison his cereal? Should I cut up all his shirts? Should I send the tape we had made to his wife? Should I just leave and let him realize that I am important to him? Should I kill myself and implicate him in murder? I was clearly out of exciting options. I was out of options that would give me instant gratification. But then maybe instant gratification is over-rated.So I did what I had never done before; thought. Then I wrote to him.
With my head bent
With my hands folded
With all the humility
I have come to offer you
All of my love
All of my life
All of my joys
The lies turned true.
All I wish in return
Is when all around you is dark
You’ll know someone loves
The light inside of you
He melted. He forgave it all. He came back. He is basking in the glory of my love. I make him believe it more everyday. He is feeling safe. He has a warm-fuzzy feeling in his head.I am just waiting for it to heat his mind enough.I have the hammer ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment