Friday, July 10, 2015

Spilt Milk


“Now, all the men you like, like me better.” She wasn’t wrong, he was asking her if she was wearing purple panties. The night went away but left the anger & the despair behind. The morning made me wonder why my wrath was directed at her and not at the man who was wanting to add to the harem. It illuminated the fact that after 4 years of loyal service, I wouldn’t even be granted the first-queen status. My brain couldn’t handle the despair and reverted course to wanting revenge on her because a friend should know better. I wondered if I should drain her account of all her precious money or I should mix acid in her beloved face-pack. Maybe I should just send all her ‘bitching about x/y/z’ chats to the respective x’s & y’s & z’s. I should do all three and blind him while I’m at it; His blinded vanity would limit his chasing to what was Technicolor before; me. I smoked a cigarette and smiled to myself as I lived the future. I plotted and dreamed. My spirits were high and there was song in my heart, and my shower.  I accessed all the crime fiction I had gone through to fool proof the plan. I didn’t mind the wait; Imagination was almost as good as reality. She called just then to tell me that he had asked her to marry him and she had said yes because love had struck last night. That I would find it in my heart to forgive her as she had when I had stolen her boyfriend 12 years ago; in any case he & I were just friends because he had never seen me otherwise. I still got ready. I still planned my way to the acid. It’s just that the recipient has changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment