Saturday, December 11, 2010

Unnobility

“You will not kill yourself. You are not worthless. So what if you suck their blood? Most of them need to lose that weight. Don’t you see you are doing them a favour? It’s a noble thing to make these gluttons a little less obese. Don’t you remember, when you were younger you had so much spirit and fire in you? You were going to help them all? What’s bringing about this sudden identity crises?”

Giving a pep-talk to a mosquito isn’t easy but it’s a cake walk for me. Years of practice and an inherent ability to lie convincingly helps of course. It’s a talent and I am not ashamed to admit it. Then the stupid shit says,

“If it is so noble then why are they out for MY blood? All these coils and killing machines. It’s like I’m terrorist number 1.”

True that. He was and he did deserve to die. I should probably encourage him on the suicide path that he was already on. But he was my project and I don’t fail. If I’ve decided he shall live then he shall. Besides, I need him to pass the deathly Malaria on the stupid bitch in editorial who is telling me that my book is shit.

“No darling. Look at me. I am such a big fan of yours. Always have been. You are made for great things. I need you, people around you need you. You are the reason why so many companies exist. You have to live and inspire them.”

I think I got somewhere with him. He talked incessantly about how I had saved his life and I was the most important thing to him and blah blah shit shit. I was touched. I am even convinced that I have done a good thing and there is good karma coming my way. I felt a little closer to God.
I felt warm and fuzzy in my heart. And then I felt something else.
Just a little prick.

No comments:

Post a Comment